– Monthly art exhibits with “meet the artists” receptions.
– Frederick Frieseke Collection, impressionist paintings of the Owosso born artist (1874-1939).
– Artists Consignment Galleries.
– Specialty Gift Shop.
– “Holiday at the Center” unique artisan gifts, November and December.
– Public Art Sculptures Renewal, bronze by Louis Marinaro and Winged Column, bronze by Richard Hunt.
– Year-round multi-media art classes for children and adults as well as Summer Art Camps.
– The Creative Arc, an arts curriculum for young adults with developmental disabilities, produced in collaboration with The ARC Mid-Michigan.
– SMARTS (Shiawassee Mobile ART for Seniors) Program in partnership with the Shiawassee Council on Aging and supported by MCACA.
– Annual Countywide High School Scholarship Show, over $90,000 awarded to talented young area artist since 1972.
– Special events and activities including Art in the Park during Curwood Festival, Annual Art Walk, and more.
– Facility rentals for business, special events, and celebrations including weddings, showers.
Piper Brewer, Executive Director
Linda Ruehle, Arts Education Director
Jennifer Ross, Exhibits Director
Cora Walby, Assistant Arts Education Director
Philip Martin-Luckhurst, Assistant Exhibits Director
The purpose of the Shiawassee Arts Council is to sponsor and encourage participation and appreciation of the arts in Shiawassee County and its surrounding area. The council may research, plan, develop and present quality arts and cultural activities that educate, entertain and enhance the quality of life in our community.
SAC envisions a vibrant community where the arts inspire our innovative spirit, celebrate our cultural diversity and encourage community involvement.
Hon. Clark Harder, President
Carrie Rathbun Hawks, President Elect
Molly Morris, Secretary
Brian Bruff, Treasurer
Lisa Bremer- Gallinger
Hon. Gerald Lostracco
Connie Voight, Ex Officio