$95.00 – $105.00
- 6 Weeks with Lisabeth Curnow, Artist/Instructor
- Thursdays, July 25 – August 29, 6pm – 8:30pm.
Weekly demo. Class description and supply list will be posted soon.
- $95 Member/$105 Non-member
The class will cover supplies/tools and their use, basic watercolor techniques, and effective critical thinking (critique).
Along with covering subjects the students may inquire about or be interested in.
***If students are interested in how to mount watercolor paintings, Lisabeth will demo that during the last class.
Supply List for Watercolor
*There will be a more detailed discussion about supplies at the first class.
This list is just a suggestion to get you started. Buy the best quality your budget allows
- Ultramarine or Cobalt (cool)
- Cerulean, Prussian, or Turquoise (warm)
- Alizarin Crimson or Rose Madder (cool)
- Cadmium Red or Vermillion (warm)
- Aureolin, Cad. Light, Lemon Yellow (cool)
- Cad. Medium, Raw Sienna, Quin. Gold (warm)
Additional colors that are useful:
- A couple of round brushes with a good point, in a medium and smaller size. Suggestion: Size 12 and Size 6
- A flat brush at least 1 inch wide
- Other brushes – A quill brush and a small flat hard bristled brush for scrubbing
My preference is Arches #140 Cold Press 100% rag in a block. Paper is an investment, it can be pricey. Use those Micheal’s coupons!
- Brands to consider: Arches, Strathmore, or Fabriano
OTHER SUPPLIES YOU’LL NEED
- Palette with large area for mixing
- 2 water containers for cleaning brushes/painting
- Paper towel
- Masking fluid or packing tape
- Exacto knife
- White rubber eraser
- Hard Board
- Tape for mounting paper
- Practice paper
- Reference photos