Instructor: Carol Trojanowski
Age Level: Adult
Skill Level: Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced Course
When: Sunday, October 14, Noon – 4pm
Cost: $80 SAC Member/$85 Non-member
Create a raw edge fused mini art quilt using a photograph for inspiration. Learn about fabric selection, cutting, applying, and fusing quilts to quilt sandwich. Free motion stitching will be demonstrated.Supply list, directions, demonstration, tips and support provided throughout session. 4 hours for a 7×9″ quilt matted on 11×14″ mat board.
1. Fabrics in colors of choice – consider values of color when selecting. Choose
various shades and values of blue, green, aqua/turquoise, and brown, black,
tan, gray. Batiks are wonderful as they have so much variety in them.
Participants often share fabrics to extend the color choices. You do not need a
big piece of any of the fabrics.
2. Scissors – straight and curved embroidery scissors if you have any
3. Glue sticks – any kind will do, just not the purple
4. Pencil and sharpie
5. Polyester or rayon embroidery threads for free motion stitching
6. Cutting mat
7. Rotary cutter
8. Sewing machine for free motion stitching
9. Teflon ironing sheet or parchment paper
10. Long handled tweezers
11. Sewing machine needles
12. Darning foot or free motion foot
13. Iron and ironing surface
14. NOTE: Free motion stitching is a skill that enhances the pictures. Pictures can be finished without it if desired.